Monday, November 26, 2012

Oct 25th, 2012 - Did I mention the cold? 
My remaining time here is growing short, as are the days.  The air is becoming progressively colder (which I am sure I mentioned in earlier posts). Having only a ball cap for my head, and an U.S. Army jacket and a few layered tee shirts to help keep the heat in my body, every day is a cold day for me.  The clouds  literally, pass through our camp almost every morning.   The nights are almost always cloud free, the stars ever present overhead.  Its beautiful; really beautiful, but really cold. I keep reminding myself that people live up here, so don't be a wimp, Brooks!  Suck it up and enjoy the beautiful star lit nights, and try not to get attacked by a passing leopard when leaving your tent during the night to relieve yourself.





I've decided to take the four good cameras we have and concentrate them in one area. This will be the area where we captured the photograph of the cat's tail.  This animal's prints were headed east.  Hopefully, it will be coming back through tonight.  Regardless of its movement, we will be moving to the southeast tomorrow. I'll leave one camera trap here, on an established trail, however.  I need to have the team cover a few more areas before heading back down to Kathmandu.   Nonetheless, I am confident the scat and prints we collected will prove to be that of a tiger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment