Sunday, November 25, 2012

Oct 24th, 2012 - Colder Days and Nights 

Another disappointing morning.  

Excuse me.  I meant to say, another cold disappointing morning.  I know, I know. But my inpatients will not be virtuous in this situation. If I were still in my twenties, I am sure that I would not let the cold and the No activity captured on the camera traps bother me. (but I am not in my twenties and am now questioning where are the tigers? It would be nice to see just one more image on the camera traps.  We need to think about moving camp deeper into the jungle as the "tiger" may have moved to a different area with the coming cold.  Not sure, really.  How tigers behave in Nepal is all new to me. Before I left Kathmandu, I received an invitation to observed tigers in the Chitawan preserve.   I did not have time to do so before beginning our tiger trek. I am hoping to do so upon my return. That will allow me to compare our notes with known tiger tracks, scat and alike.


Huddling in front of the fire in a villager's home

On another note, the girls working close to our camp have moved their cattle operation down to a lower elevation.  The days are getting short and the air is getting a bit too cold for the cattle. 

The girls were a wealth of information. We thanked them for all their help and wished them well.


Sherpa "Cattle Girls"

No comments:

Post a Comment