Monday, September 2, 2013


        An exuberant hello to you fellow adventure seekers!!

Packing
Sorry I meant to post this Sunday morning, and as you can clearly see- time got away from me just a wee bit. Anyhoo in more exciting news, John and the Nepal Tiger Project team have officially made it to Kathmandu- where they are currently experiencing a lot of rain. But any hardship can be turned into a positive and they are hoping the rainfall will only prove to be beneficial in tracking tiger tracks, if they are able to get out in time- so keep those fingers and toes crossed!! John was able to send me a little message to update everyone:


               
 I arrived into Kathmandu yesterday afternoon after spending the pervious day in Delhi, India.  Kathmandu was about 20º C/ 70º F and raining when we touched down.  Its the end of the rainy season.  My host told me the road leading to the edge of the Himayala foothills  is un-passable, so will be taking an alternative route, which will make our car journey a bit longer and the hike up to our project area longer and steeper.  (Oh, Joy!)  I will have plenty of ticks and leeches to look forward to.  I can feel them crawling on me now.  :) as much as I enjoy nature, I am not a fan of ticks or leeches.

On a brighter note, becuz of the rain, we may be able to see some great prints left by tigers and leopards!  That is, course if it doesn't rain continuously.

Jiri
                Pretty cool stuff!! John and the team were also able to send me some photos of them packing for the trip so those are the photos scattered throughout this blog post for your viewing pleasure: them packing in Kathmandu, lunch and tea, and Jiri (which is a village in Dolakha District). And lastly, an update on the transition from blogger to Word press-  it should be happening very soon, we’re trying to make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing, and that is really the only issue that remains- well that and I can't seem to access it yet (hahahaha oh technology). Of course when it becomes official I will let you all know ASAP, hopefully next Sunday, so you can continue to follow along on this grand journey. Hopefully the leeches will not suck the fun out of it (see what I did there). 


Lunch
Keep it real my fellow adventurers,

P.S. I will post double the amount of tiger facts for my next post. Scouts Honor (honour if you're Canadian)

Jizel

2 comments:

  1. Way to Go John! we're praying for your safe journey and success in tracking the wildlife despite the rain, ticks and leeches. mmmm...the crazy things we're willing to deal with in the name of science!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everest Base Camp luxury Trek provides ample time for important acclimatization. Furthermore, frequent acclimatising gives more chances to enjoy successful treks in the Everest region. A wonderfully scenic flight to one of the world’s highest airstrips – Lukla, opens to an alpine world of exceptional beauty. The air is so pure and colourful prayer flags flutter from rooftops, welcoming you to this sublime region.
    The well-marked trail takes us through the well-known villages of Namche and Dingboche as well as Tengboche monastery; which reflects the true Sherpa culture. In addition, we make an ascent to Kala Pathar at (5545m). This is the point we get to view the famous climbing routes to the legendary summit of Mount Everest.
    Everest Base Camp luxury Trek
    Everest Base Camp Trek
    Trekking in Nepal

    ReplyDelete